2019 Canada Day presented by the Town of Cobourg
From our beautiful lush, green landscapes to our culturally diverse population and our many variations of poutine, what's there not to love about the true north strong and free?
Canadians across the country and around the world show their pride in their history, culture and achievements on July 1. It's been a day of celebration, where many festivities are held across the country, since 1868. Canada Day in Cobourg has been a tradition in our beautiful Town for many years, bringing our entire community together, for residents and visitors to enjoy and share our special bond of living in one of the greatest countries in the world.
With Canada Day quickly approaching, there's no better time to put into words how much we love our amazing country and leaving you feeling even more proud to call yourself a Canadian.
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind” ~ Former Prime Minister John G. Diefenbaker
“Canada is one of the most impressive countries in the world” ~ Former President of the United States of America Barack Obama
“I believe the world needs more Canada” ~ Bono, Musician
“As a Canadian and a member of the LGBTQ community, I know that I can use my voice to speak out against hatred, racism and homophobia, and that my voice will be heard” ~ Kirk DeMatas Poet
This year's Town of Cobourg Canada Day Celebrations will be held on Monday, July 1, 2019 in Victoria Park.
Date: Monday, July 1, 2019
Location: Victoria Park and surrounding area
Town of Cobourg Canada Day Parade:
• The parade begins at 12:00 noon at the corner of King and William and travels east through downtown Cobourg to Victoria Park
• Starting at 1:00 pm. featuring the Cobourg Concert Band playing the national anthem and tasty birthday cupcakes for all to enjoy (limited quantity)
• Join Multicultural Radio & the Dance Troupe as we #bringpeopletogether to celebrate Cobourg’s Multicultural Heritage
• Activities, fashion show, music and fun in the North part of Victoria Park
Live Performances at the Bandshell:
• 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Marshall Law
• 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. To be announced
• 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. To be announced
• 7:45 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. The Spirits
Free Kids Building Workshop Presented by The Home Depot (insert logo you have on file for home depot and the additional logo I have attached)
• 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Queen Street at Victoria Park
• FREE Hands-on Workshops designed for children ages 5 - 12.
• If you are looking for a fun activity to do with the family, we’ve got a great workshop for kids that will teach them about building. Each child will bring home a newly constructed project!
• 10:00 p.m. SHARP over the harbour
Every year volunteers help welcome thousands of guests who take part in the free festivities organized by the Town of Cobourg. Volunteering is a great way to build experience, get involved in your community, meet new people and show your Canadian pride. Volunteers must be at least 12 years old and enjoy working with the public .
Register to volunteer by emailing email@example.com
Volunteer positions are needed for the following areas:
• Parade Staging
• Parade Marshalls
• Stagehands / Runners
Sponsorship Opportunities Please contact Jackie Chapman Davis for sponsorship opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on everything Cobourg visit www.experiencecobourg.ca